Many industries face the need to dispose of contaminated
materials that pose a threat to the environment, ecology,
and even human life. As government agencies have
tightened regulations, disposing of hazardous chemical waste
often proved costly and very cumbersome. Recent
technological advances have resulted in more easily
implemented and environmentally friendly techniques that can
be performed for a fraction of the cost.
In-Situ Chemical Oxidation (ISCO),
In-Situ Chemical Reduction (ISCR), and
In-Situ Chemical Bioremediation (ISB) are rapidly becoming the techniques of choice in remediation
efforts. In these newly-developed technologies, mostly green oxidation and reduction chemicals designed to degrade contaminants are injected into the affected area. Our solutions involve the
application of oxidants in a water-based carrier to transform contaminants into safe, organic compounds that are typically found in soil.
AERG provides ISCO Testing and Consultation Services for a variety of enterprises, including:
- Engineering Firms
- Environmental Consulting Firms
- Sewage Treatment Consultants
- Site Management Firms
- Independent Installers
- Government Agencies
Our scientists design treatability studies for sites of all
sizes and complexities. From standard laboratory tests
to on-site pilot studies and full-scale implementation, to
the development of unique chemical formulations, we can meet
your site's needs.
We offer the following site testing and consulting services:
- Feasibility Testing to identify the prime oxidant and catalyst for degradation of contaminated areas, as well as alternative recommendations.
- Quantitative Estimation of adequate and cost-effective oxidant dosing levels is determined with consideration to oxidant load imposed by the Natural Organic Matter (NOM) present in contaminated soil and groundwater.
- Treatability Studies in which samples of contaminated groundwater and soils from the site are treated with the selected oxidant and catalyst. "Before" and "after" samples will be analyzed by an EPA-certified lab.
- Consulting Services to monitor, interpret, and refine lab results for pilot and full-scale implementation of ISCO technologies.
- Development of patent-based methods and formulations. Many widely available chemical formulations are simply not effective in meeting the high standards set forth by the EPA. AERG has the ability to develop targeted, cost effective formulations, often including on-site delivery of remediation slurries.